Saturday, June 14, 2014

EVERYTHING

Oh my goodness, have I neglected this blog or what?!

A lot has been happening these past 6 months! I don't really know where to begin!

I guess I'll start where I always do- fitness.
I've started a new journey. I have a whole new plan & I'm eager to get to some results.


If you're anything like me, nutrition is your biggest struggle. I've said it over and over again- my diet is what kills me. I have no problem getting a great workout every day, but I have pretty much zero self-control when it comes to my food. I find myself giving into temptation way more than I should, and then I just feel guilty for the rest of the day.
I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either :( Sure, maintaining is better than gaining, but I haven't hit the goals I set for myself.
So, this new journey will be focused on self-control. I've modified my workouts to be more cardio heavy (which means more time in the gym) & to be more for muscular endurance rather than muscle building. I know I have the muscular foundation, I just need to cut the fat so you can SEE the muscle!

I'm really excited to see where I can take myself in the rest of 2014. I've set a lot of goals for myself, and this is the year I hit them. I'm keeping myself accountable with a rewards system.

I vowed to not buy any "real" clothes until I hit my goal weight (130). I won't let myself buy new running shoes until I'm 15lbs down (and if you know me you know how much of a struggle that really is!)
Also, for every 5 lbs I lose, I'm putting $20 into a jar for my goal weight reward- NikeIDs. I designed a pair of Air Max Nikes a while back and I'm resisting them until I hit my goal!

I've set different rewards for when I hit other goals.
For example: When I run my 5K in 27:00 or less, I'm treating myself to a new Lululemon outfit :)

GOAL REWARDS
*Every 5 lbs lost- $20 into reward jar*
5 lbs- Blender bottle
10 lbs- 2 Lululemon headbands
15 lbs- Running shoes (Nike free)
20 lbs- Lululemon sports bra
25 lbs- GOAL! NEW JEANS & Lululemon running shorts
ORDER THEM AIR MAX SHOES BABY :]

Fitness Goals: 
- Run a 5K in 27 minutes or less
- Do a real pull up unassisted
- Squat 150 lbs
- Actually be able to squat ass to grass :P

I'll give myself little rewards (like new monograms) for every goal but the 5K goal. Like I said, that one will be kinda huge :) That's been a goal of mine for a couple years now and I'm determined to smash it and move onto the newt 5K goal! 

I'll be posting more about my journey and everything else in my crazy little life, so I hope you're ready for a crazy 6 months. 2015 won't know what hit it. 

IF YOU NEED HELP REACHING YOUR FITNESS GOALS, LOSING WEIGHT, OR HITTING GOALS: EMAIL ME- MALLORYRUTH.FIT@GMAIL.COM
I am a NASM Certified Personal Trainer & I love helping people reach their fitness goals.
I do training online and in person (If you're in the Orange County or LA County areas). 
Let's do this together. 






No comments:

Post a Comment